From the first time you walk in the door at CKI, you will be warmly greeted. Our members come from a variety of Jewish traditions and backgrounds, and we welcome all people who are part of a Jewish family, including interfaith families. Our close-knit and friendly community is a caring and supportive spiritual family for all of our members: young and old, individuals, couples, and families, newcomers and longstanding members.
Please come visit and attend any of our Shabbat services or upcoming events! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about CKI.
CKI serves the Jewish community in and around Somerset, Middlesex, and Hunterdon Counties in New Jersey.
Please join us as we Celebrate our 100th Anniversary year in 2022-2023 !
Past congregants, family, and friends of CKI are welcome
to visit any of our services and events.
Upcoming Special Celebrations:
Saturday, February 26 is our CKI Reunion Shabbat Service.
At this service, current and past CKI members, Religious School students, alumni, and staff will be invited to take part in English and Hebrew readings and Torah honors.
A celebratory Kiddush luncheon will be served afterward.
In June of 2023 we will wrap up our Anniversary year with a Gala Event.
Watch this space for more details!
Other Upcoming Events (click for more details)
- Vintage and Treasures Sale – Sunday, Jan. 15th 8am-2pmThis fundraiser for our synagogue features Vintage, Collectible, Designer, and New items.
- Adult Education – Jan. 21, 6:00 pmDinner and a Movie, with Discussion: Monty Python’s “Life of Brian”
- Instrumental Shabbat – Jan. 20, 8:00 pmJoin us for a joyous Shabbat service, as Rabbi Wylen and Cantor Roffman lead us in song and prayer!
- Hebrew Prayer Classes – selected Sundays, 12pmJan 22 – Halleluyah, Jan 29 – Ahavat Olam. Guests are very welcome; there is a $5 fee per class.
- Shabbat Morning Worship, Torah Study & Lunch – Sat Jan 28thWe appreciate your attendance to make a minyan for the service and Torah reading! At about 11 am, Rabbi Wylen will lead a Torah study and we will enjoy a light lunch.