From the first time you walk through the door at our “Mighty, Little Synagogue” you will be warmly greeted. Our members come from a variety of Jewish traditions and backgrounds, and we welcome all people who are part of a Jewish family, including interfaith families. Our close-knit and inclusive community provides a rich environment for spiritual renewal and growth, education, celebration, and mutual support.
Please come visit and attend any of our Shabbat services or upcoming events! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about CKI.
CKI serves the Jewish community in and around Somerset, Middlesex, and Hunterdon Counties in New Jersey.
We are celebrating our 100th Anniversary year in 2022-2023 !
We kicked off events in June 2022 with a carnival held on our front lawn. Current and past members enjoyed games, refreshments, and a DJ playing music. In February, congregants, friends, former members and Hebrew school alumni took part in a reunion Shabbat morning service, and socialized at a Kiddush luncheon afterwards. We wrapped up the celebrations in June 2023 at an elegant evening Gala with music and dancing, hors d’oeuvres, and a dessert buffet. The synagogue’s past was on display with photographs, a slideshow and historic items.
Our thanks to the Jewish Federation of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties, for providing a grant that aided us in putting on these events!
Other Upcoming Events (click for more details)
- Shabbat Morning Worship, Torah Study & Lunch – Sat December 2, 10:00 amWe appreciate your attendance to make a minyan for the service and Torah reading! After services, we will enjoy a light lunch and Torah study. This week’s parsha is Noach. Guests are very welcome! Attendees do not need to dress any more formally than for Friday services.
- Hebrew Prayer Classes – selected Sundays, 12pmDecember 3, 17. Guests are welcome; there is a $5 fee per class.
- Hanukkah Party – Sat. December 9, 6:00 pmDinner from Deli King of Clark – $25 for members, $30 for guests. RSVP by December 3.
- Adult Education – Tuesday, December 12, 7:30 pmOur topic: “The Right to Die – Biomedical Ethics”. Guests are welcome, there is a $5 fee.
- Sisterhood Vodka/Latke Party – Thurs. December 21, 7:30 pmTo participate in the Gift Exchange game, please bring a new, gift-wrapped item valued at $20. (Participation is optional)
Free for Sisterhood members. Guests are welcome, there is a $5.00 fee.